Monday, January 21, 2013

Histroy in the making!

Today we were fortunate enough to watch President Barack Obama be sworn in as our president this morning.  I told the kids today that I remember watching President Clinton get inaugurated.  To be very honest watching that happen with Miss Driscoll (my 1st grade teacher) is one of my fondest memories of elementary school.  I hope that your child will remember this inauguration in the years to come and be able to tell their children about it.  What can I say, I'm pretty sentimental. :)  Here is a picture of the kiddos watching the inauguration <3
 
We also learned a song about Martin Luther King Jr.  Our art projects on him should come home tomorrow, after we put the finishing touches on him. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for not making the day just about Obama being inaugurated.... Martin Luther King was around along time before Obama... and maybe one of these days my question of why my kids are in school on that particular day will get answered :-) love you Ms Grose!

    ReplyDelete